Which events describe when a c
These are the events of apoptosis:
The nucleus breaks down before the plasma membrane becomespermeable.
The plasma membrane becomes permeable, leading to mitochondrialdamage.
The cell lyses, losing 30% of its volume.
1. Proteolysis of cytoskeletal proteins.
2. Protein-protein cross linkages.
3. After initial pyknosis of nucleus, there is the fragmentationof chromatin by activation of nuclease.
4. Appearance of phosphatidylserine on the outer surface of cellmembrane.
5. In some forms of apoptosis, appearance of an adhesiveglycoprotein thrombospondin on the outer surface of apoptoticbodies.
6. Appearance of phosphatidylserine and thrombospondin on theouter surface of apoptotic cell facilitates early recognition bymacrophages for phagocytosis prior to appearance of inflammatorycells.
Activation of intrinsic pathway, which causes increased cellmembrane permeability, chromation fragmentation, mitochondrialapoptotic factor release and cell fragmentation and shrinkage.After that extrinsic pathway activated, which initiates caspasepathway and ultimately phagocytosis of dead cells.