Probability expected value exe

Probability expected value exercises questions:

1. The owner of an antique store estimates that there is a 50%chance she will make $3000 when she sells an antique cabinet, a 30%chance she will make $1550 when she sells the cabinet and a 20%chance she will break even when she sells it. What is the expectedamount she will make when she sells the cabinet?2. Three different people are selected at random and each given onegift card. The cards are from Panera Bread, Publix and OliveGarden. The first person chose chooses one card. The second persongets to choose one of the two remaining cards and the third persongets the third card. Determine the probability thata) The Panera Bread card is chosen firstb) The Publix card is chosen first and the Olive Garden card ischosen next and the Panera Bread card is chosen lastc) The Publix card is chosen second3. Ron has ten coins from Chile. four 1- peso coins, two 2- pesocoin, one 5-peso coins one 10-peso coin and two 20-peso coins. Heselects two coins at random without replacement. Assuming that eachcoin is equally likely to be selected, what is the probability heselects at least 1-peso one coin?4. If a card is drawn from a standard deck of cards, what is theprobability that the card is a red card, given that it is a facecard? Use the table below for the probability questions


  1. Let X be a random variable denoting the profit the owner makes.The profit random variable is given as:The Expected profit is given asHence, the expected amount she will make when she sells it is$1965.
  2. We have three spaces as: _ _ _Sample SpaceThe three cards can be arranged in 3! = 6 waysCase IThe first card is fixed to be Panera Bread.The next two places can be filled in 2! = 2 ways.Case IIThe first card is fixed to be Publix.The second card is fixed to be Olive Garden.The third card is fixed to bePanera BreadThere are no places left. This arrangement can be done in only oneway.Case IIIThe second card is fixed to be Publix.The first place can be filled in 2 ways.The last place can be filled with the only remaining card.
  3. Ron has4 1-peso coins2 2-peso coins1 5-peso coin1 10-peso coin2 20-peso coinsHe chooses two coins without replacement.Let X be a random variable denoting the number of1-peso coins drawn.The pmf is given by:We are to calculate
  4. In a deck of standard 52cards, there are 12 face cards.Face cards refer to those with a jack, king, orqueen on them. There are four suits in a deck ofcards and each suit has one of each type of theface card.The four suits are Hearts (red), Spades (black),Clubs (black), Diamonds (red).Thus, each suit has 3 face cards.Therefore, there are 6 red cards amongst these 12 face cards.

I hope this clarifies your doubt. If you’re satisfied with thesolution, hit the Like button. For furtherclarification, comment below. Thank You. 🙂

"Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!"
Calculate the price
Make an order in advance and get the best price
Pages (550 words)
*Price with a welcome 15% discount applied.
Pro tip: If you want to save more money and pay the lowest price, you need to set a more extended deadline.
We know how difficult it is to be a student these days. That's why our prices are one of the most affordable on the market, and there are no hidden fees.

Instead, we offer bonuses, discounts, and free services to make your experience outstanding.
How it works
Receive a 100% original paper that will pass Turnitin from a top essay writing service
step 1
Upload your instructions
Fill out the order form and provide paper details. You can even attach screenshots or add additional instructions later. If something is not clear or missing, the writer will contact you for clarification.
Pro service tips
How to get the most out of your experience with
One writer throughout the entire course
If you like the writer, you can hire them again. Just copy & paste their ID on the order form ("Preferred Writer's ID" field). This way, your vocabulary will be uniform, and the writer will be aware of your needs.
The same paper from different writers
You can order essay or any other work from two different writers to choose the best one or give another version to a friend. This can be done through the add-on "Same paper from another writer."
Copy of sources used by the writer
Our college essay writers work with ScienceDirect and other databases. They can send you articles or materials used in PDF or through screenshots. Just tick the "Copy of sources" field on the order form.
See why 20k+ students have chosen us as their sole writing assistance provider
Check out the latest reviews and opinions submitted by real customers worldwide and make an informed decision.
Customer reviews in total
Current satisfaction rate
3 pages
Average paper length
Customers referred by a friend
15% OFF your first order
Use a coupon FIRST15 and enjoy expert help with any task at the most affordable price.
Claim my 15% OFF Order in Chat

Sometimes it is hard to do all the work on your own

Let us help you get a good grade on your paper. Get professional help and free up your time for more important courses. Let us handle your;

  • Dissertations and Thesis
  • Essays
  • All Assignments

  • Research papers
  • Terms Papers
  • Online Classes